Simulation Meeting February 28 2019 10AM ET
From Moller Wiki
Task List Summary
- Simulation tasks Task List by Dustin
- Simulation tasks Task List by Rakitha
- Main detector simulation tasks Task List by Michael
- remoll GDML implementation/standards: Ciprian docDB434 or
- Simulation software updates
- Radiation shielding update from meeting with JLab
- Correlated raster definition update by Sakib
Attendance: Rakitha, Ciprian, Sakib, Juliette, Dustin, Cameron, Chandan, Wouter, Kent
- Making GDML implementation guideline by Ciprian
- Using nested volumes for regions and sub-regions
- suggestions for variables and naming conventions.
- Always run dos2unix on your files before committing a new file if you are on a windows OS
- If you use tabs convert tabs to spaces in your editor
- Use G4 materials as the first choice using G4_materialname
- Use keep-out regions for each subvolume
- Ciprian and Juliette implementing the beam pipe. The discussion is how to implement separately in different sub-regions. The hybrid area vacuum or He needs to finalized that way we may be able to use single sub volume for the beam pipe.
- There is no beam pipe going through two magnets due to the vacuum within the magnets.
- Create a directory for each daughter region and keep GDML files only in that region on the directory.
- Updates on Simulation development in general
- Beam pipe implementation is in accordance to GMDL guideline we agreed - Ciprian
- Shielding implementation is in accordance to GMDL guideline we agreed - Rakitha
- Master and develop branches should work by simply checking out from GIT. New versions for master will be released every 3 months. Develop will have new features but not agreed on final versions so it may have some issues. The master branch is the working version for anyone to use.
- Working on geometry development branch where geometry is tracked independently but we are not there yet.
- Even with geometry is tracked independently master branch will have its own releaser of geometry tagged to it.
- GIT tracking for geometry and code updates
- use the wiki page for general information on each subsystem and who is in charge, and where to find further information
- Updates from Radiation shielding meeting with JLab
- Electron EM and neutron radiation in the hall for personnel and electronics.
- Fringe field in the G4. Where is the map file and what specifications we use in G4 for background studies? Juliette, Ciprian, and Sakib
- Correlated raster definition and effects of this
- New raster needs to update to 5 mm by 5 mm and use 136urad/mm correlations
- 136urad/mm correlations provided by Jay Benesch
- Need to verify raster size is at the center of target or at the upstream of the target.