Simulation Meeting April 23 2020 10AM ET
Simulation Task List Updated 2019
- Simulation tasks (new) File:MOLLER Tasks List v8 Sim.doc
- Background simulation update - Ciprian docDB577, Sakib, Chandan
- Spectrometer radiation load - Juliette, Rakitha
- Previous estimate [slides]
Attendance: Rakitha, Ruben Fair, Sashi Kakkar, Krishna Kumar, Michael Gericke, Chandan, Wouter, Hanjie Liu, Ciprian Gal, Sakib Rahman, Juliette Mammei, Dustin McNulty, Cameron Clarke, Probir Ghoshal, Sandesh Gopinath, Kent Paschke
- Ciprian on detector background analysis:
- Large high E electrons on the PMT ring (R7). A fix may be to tweaking the lead Collar 2, Chandan will look into that further.
- See energy distribution by PID for R7
- Biggest issue is backward vertices see slide 16
- see slide beyond 30: vertices broken into energy ranges.
- See spreadsheet attached to the docdb for tables
- Chandan: GEM electronic update will be given next week.
- Todo after background simulation:
- Micheal/Dustin: Check Electronic at PMT ring and electronic hut. The hut is mainly for GEM electronics and R7 for PMT electronics
- Chandan: In the PMT by using the material composition of it, estimate the neutron and photon damage
- Juliette, Sakib and Jlab engineering: spectrometer radiation load, see below discussion
- Spectrometer radiation load: what to do for CD-1
- The slide 5 is not correct as Ruben made very crude estimates very early.
- Initial simulation estimations done with Kryptonite coils. rest of the geometry were real materials.
- We will add a single layer of epoxy (1 mm) on top of the copper coils. We will use G10 epoxy.
- We have to increase the resolution of our sensitive detectors to have smaller area per spot by breaking sensitive detectors into smaller segments?
- Are we going to fill spacing between coils with G10 epoxy?
- We will change the coil geometry to match latest Jlab design and this will be the nominal. Then we will also use offset coil design to see worse case radiation dose on the coils.
- in high spots check for level of damage at the end of three years and how it propagate?
- run simulation to monitor all the coils including offset coils
- Sakib and another student in the process of importing most recent geometry into remoll. Ready by next week.
- We will start simulating but Sakib will analyze small statistics while simulation ongoing. This will tell us how much statistics we need.
- The goal is to repeat last year's analysis (see slides on agenda) first for our nominal coil geometry and then to offset coil geometry.
- Is 1 mm G10 epoxy required for our immediate analysis or Copper coils will do?
- can we repeat the analysis with current geometry with real materials.
- Sakib implements the new coil geometry and braces, we will simulate and redo the same analysis. nominal and offset coil design.
- If Ruben provides initial assessment for our current study and followup with Jim to see if he satisfied. We will provide additional information about our previous estimates required by Ruben
- Raster update by Sakib.
- raster is fixed and moving the experiment around for the current analysis. The rate at ring 5 for position offsets at the target. Position offset slops for each septant at the ring 5. Angular offset slops for each septant at the ring 5. The black line is the total addition slope. Fits are done ** with offset parameter. Sakib will include fit parameters in the slides.
- Next step. 5 by 5 raster broken into 120 squares and looking at different squares as the beam goes through 7 sectors. Check how beam modulates within raster. See docdb for a summary for this analysis.
Meeting ID 635010453
Meeting URL https://bluejeans.com/635010453
Here are more details about the meeting connection:
Connecting directly from a room system? 1) Dial: 18.104.22.168 or bjn.vc 2) Enter Meeting ID: 635 010 453
Just want to dial in on your phone? 1) +1.408.740.7256 (US)
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free) +1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
2) Enter Meeting ID: 635 010 453 3) Press #