Optics Meeting Feb 21 2023 230PM ET
From Moller Wiki
- (Kate) Update on simplified geometry and discussion with Maurizio Ungaro for Livermore implemnetation
- (Kate) Progress on field map studies
Kate, David, Paul S., Zuhal, Jim, Andrew, Juliette, Michael D.
- (Kate) Discussion of next steps to test the Low-Energy Livermore libraries in G4. Now using GEANT 4 11.1. With this version, invoking new libraries seems to have simpler/easier syntax. Made a simple "stand-alone" remoll simulation to test libraries, one in which have a simple hydrogen target and a virtual detector plane just downstream of target. Works, runs very fast, so easy to get results out. However, don't see any difference in low-energy photon spectra with and without the Livermore libraries included. Still not sure why - may still be issues with how the libraries are being invoked. Juliette suggested trying Ciprian's stand-alone detector geometry as an alternative. Still debugging.
- (Kate) Look at track reconstruction variables with various "non-ideal" magnetic fields. Track reconstruction still works. Trying to find diagnostics for when/how the field is off-nominal. Juliette wonders if extra holes (or moving holes) to larger phi (closer to coils) may be useful.
- (Andrew) Bill has now implemented 4 layers of GEM frames, Andrew analyzing simulations. Should look at rate-weighted results.
Meeting ID: 972 5975 5403