Simulation Meeting November 21 2019 1030AM ET
From Moller Wiki
Simulation Task List Updated 2019
- Simulation tasks (new) File:MOLLER Tasks List v8 Sim.doc
- Simulation tasks Task List by Dustin
- Simulation tasks Task List by Rakitha
- Main detector simulation tasks Task List by Michael
- Progress in importing geometry from Sakib into Devel branch - Cameron, Sakib
- GIT repository updates - Wouter
Potential Tasks for Detector Area Simulation
- look closely at the residual source of photons from the upstream collimator regions to see if they can be further reduced
- replace the outer kryptonite shield with the properly tuned lintels and 3 downstream collars
- review the current status of the beam dump background and its impact on the detector plane region
- construct the geometry of the detector PMT shielding, combine with backgrounds coming from the light guide and quartz tiles, and evaluate the final background levels at the main detector PMTs
Potential Standard Plots and Numbers for Benchmark
- Radial plots at detector area from Moller, ep and beam generator
- Rates for Moller, ep, and photons from beam generator (E<10, 10<E<100, E<100)
- 2D scatter plots at detector area from Moller, ep and beam generator
- 2D Raster pattern at the upstream end of the target using Moller, ep and beam generator
- 2D Raster pattern at the entrance to the beam dump using Moller, ep and beam generator
Attendance: Rakitha, Cameron, Wouter, Dmitrii, Chandan, Juliette, Sakib, Don
- Develop is the same as CDR geometry. Wouter and Sakib did benchmark studies to compare before and after geometry.
- All the shielding overlaps are fixed. Sakib
- Release candidate after all these changes
- Pull requests: #293 Kryptonite handling and #289 detector parametrization
- Sakib showed the quartz panel overlapped with 2-D rate map. Moller ring different detector quartz sizes currently optimized by Sakib. We have to decide if want use them or use uniform size quartz tiles. For CDR we will use the background estimates using the optimized quartz tile sizes. But we are not sure about trade-offs or cost differences between optimized sizes vs uniform quartz sizes.
- Generator vertex angles variation and effect on the rate. A project to work on. Low energy ep rare events generated by ep generator has high rates. We need to know how they get to detector plane and what's the relation wth ep generator input conditions.
- Accommodation for GEM planes in the detector area. Chandan will followup with Nilanga and Michael.
- MOLLER song sheet link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XCPPAv0pJaRSzdSqlzC4jsp8_vbMbrT-edI6Qw3k7g8/edit#gid=0
- Coordinate change summary : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/165SLslXlhoTfd-VNWUcFMI_L4CevMO_7n31CrDZflIM/edit#gid=0