From Moller Wiki
Meeting time: 3:00pm Eastern BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 Other BlueJeans access phone numbers are listed at https://www.bluejeans.com/premium-numbers Bluejeans CODE: 385 600 867 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/385600867
- Activity updates
- Discussion of requirements document and ICDs
- Continuing discussion of SRS to readout GEMS instead of MPDs - Chandan docDB791
- General discussion
Meeting recording on BlueJeans.com: 
Participants: B. Moffit, R. Michaels, D. Armstrong, P. King, C. Ghosh, H. Liu, J. Fast, M. Goodrich, R. Radloff
- Bob had put together the drafts of the interface control documents and requirements documents
- Discussion of SRS system
- SRS had been tested using APV chip, but can use other readout chips. The SRS uses a different card for the APV chip, so is not a direct replacement for the MPD readout.
- The SRS frontend cards can support 1 Gbit/s; the SRU supports 10Gb/s, so higher rates are possible with more than one FEC
- The SRS also seems to multiplex the analog data with the digital data on the HDMI cables.
- SRS seems to use more HDMI cables to connect to the APVs than the MPD connections.
- Discussion of using the APV+MPD system
- Maybe we can make the APV->backplane connection more robust by using more of the boltholes in the current APV card design.
- This would need a redesign of the backplane; we may need to do this anyway.
- In writing the requirements document, we should be speaking to the functionality rather than the specific implementation
- What is the plan to decide upon the GEM readout
- Prototype an improved backplane
- Test HDMI cable length for APV->MPD
- Compare to system performance in SBS
- David will work on a statement of what are our timing requirements