Simulation Meeting February 20 2020 10AM ET
From Moller Wiki
Simulation Task List Updated 2019
- Simulation tasks (new) File:MOLLER Tasks List v8 Sim.doc
- Immediate simulation tasks to complete - Ciprian, Sakib, Chandan
Attendance: Rakitha, Sakib, Dustin, Wouter, Cameron,
- Dustin sends the geometry for shower-max design to match the new ring 5 size.
- Micheal wanted to know the procedure for signal background deconvolution. Yuxiang did the initial analysis and Ciprian can run the scripts to redo the analysis.
- Background update by Sakib:
- Deconvolution summary: with the new segmented design we still have higher uncertainty on ep elastic and inelastic background where we have about 60% error now but we need below 20%.
- The new segmented design shifts background peaks so tiles need to adjust for the offsets in radial.
- Sakib and Ciprian will try to optimize the ring design and radial detector sizes.
- Sakib has a script that shows the origins of backgrounds and absolute rates. It gives us a better picture of where backgrounds are coming. He will add neutron rates separately.
- Raster correlations definition in physics generators were not included but it's in the beam generator.
- We will have more statistics for the background next week.