Simulation Meeting October 19 2021 11AM ET
- Ferrous material simulation for GEM rotor stand: David
- CAD to GDML conversion tools
- Ferrous material budget request for rotator support stand
- JT file for importing the support stand in GDML
- Afeez could help out this (Rakitha's student)
- David and Chandika will set up a meeting with Larry Batozek and David Kashy next week
- we have a machine at JLab for general use that has SolidWorks. Just need to have a JLab account and remote into it. Phycad77.jlab.org
- CAD to GDML
- Wouter implemented a way to import the cad outline into gdml to check that the positionings matched . we don't use it to run sims but it is there for crosscheck if anyone needs
https://github.com/wdconinc/G4OCCT for a skunkworks approach to use the STEP directly in gdml.
- Looks like there is good code in github for this developed by LZ experiment.
- Mark wants to know what level beam dump simulation details are included for the main detector simulation? Chandan, Devi, and Mark will have a separate meeting
- Data quota for volatile increased.
Meeting ID 635010453
Meeting URL https://bluejeans.com/635010453
Here are more details about the meeting connection:
Connecting directly from a room system? 1) Dial: 22.214.171.124 or bjn.vc 2) Enter Meeting ID: 635 010 453
Just want to dial in on your phone? 1) +1.408.740.7256 (US)
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free) +1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
2) Enter Meeting ID: 635 010 453 3) Press #