Simulation Meeting March 26 2020 10AM ET
Simulation Task List Updated 2019
- Simulation tasks (new) File:MOLLER Tasks List v8 Sim.doc
- Immediate simulation tasks to complete - Ciprian, Sakib, Chandan
- Simulating radiation damage on detectors - Michael, Dustin
Attendance: David Kashy, Ruben Fair, Sakib, Sakshi Kakkar, Krishna Kumar, Cameron Clarke, Ciprian Gal, Sandesh, Wouter, Michael Gericke, Chandan, Donald Jones, Dustin Mcnulty, Probir Ghoshal
- Ring 5 Photon background source by Sakib.
- Main issue to there is about 100 GHz of unaccounted low photon background. He included full geometry, shower max, shower max lead shielding to isolate different sources
- They are Coming from two bounce shield and change in thickness reduction of col-1 (thinner upstream)
- Adding or removing the coil geometry changes the background at the Ring5. Coils act as a shielding
- Having or not having Shower Max shielding (lead donut) there is 50-80 GHz difference. Change in Col-1 resulted in about 50 GHz
- We need to revise the Col-1 optimization and 2 bounce photon shield.
- David K suggested reviewing the Col-1 design. KK, Chandan and David K will meet.
- Sandesh : showed a cross-section diagram of coils comparing old blocky design vs. new jlab design. S
- Ciprian: Raster update to the physics generators to make it work. To do raster offset.
- Two recommendations, recheck moller scattering rate with raster, single sector sensitivity for this we need point the e-beam in different angles.
- The current idea is to move the geometry around to reach desired outcomes while keeping the beam fixed location.
- We will have overall radiation load numbers by a week. In two weeks we can provide finer details including radiation load on PMT areas etc. We also have to include electronic hut. Once we add finer details Sakib will do another high statistic run by next week.
- Designing the electronic hut requires feedback from Micheal about cable length between PMT and pre-amps. GEM and any other electronic like ADC will go in this hut.
- Chandan showed updated beam window and beam pipe geometry that will be imported before the next high statistic run
- Dustin : Recommendations: quartz radiation load estimation and for shower max. another recomm is how front electronics are handled for shielding. APV GEM chips radiation load.
- APV will be on the GEM itself along with a bus circuit. HDMI cable run from APV at GEM to electronics bunker.
- What is the dose in ring 5 tiles. We need to see if there are hot spots or equally distributed in the ring 5.
- Micheal made a list of important items that need input from others.
- Quartz radiation damage transmission loss steps:
- Get the rate of detector plane as a function of r phi or x.y
- Calculate dose on the same grid
- Estimate the transmission loss by interpolating MAMI P2 studies measurements
- Establish a grid to specify transmission loss regions in the quartz
- Do optical photon tracking through the quartz and light guides.
- P2 dose is very close to Ring5 high current running.
- We will test all the materials for radiation damage they incorporate in simulation. Black kapton foil cover for light guides.
Meeting ID 635010453
Meeting URL https://bluejeans.com/635010453
Here are more details about the meeting connection:
Connecting directly from a room system? 1) Dial: 22.214.171.124 or bjn.vc 2) Enter Meeting ID: 635 010 453
Just want to dial in on your phone? 1) +1.408.740.7256 (US)
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free) +1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
2) Enter Meeting ID: 635 010 453 3) Press #