Simulation Meeting January 16 2020 10AM ET
From Moller Wiki
Simulation Task List Updated 2019
- Simulation tasks (new) File:MOLLER Tasks List v8 Sim.doc
Potential Tasks for Detector Area Simulation
- look closely at the residual source of photons from the upstream collimator regions to see if they can be further reduced
- replace the outer kryptonite shield with the properly tuned lintels and 3 downstream collars
- review the current status of the beam dump background and its impact on the detector plane region
- construct the geometry of the detector PMT shielding, combine with backgrounds coming from the light guide and quartz tiles, and evaluate the final background levels at the main detector PMTs
Potential Standard Plots and Numbers for Benchmark
- Radial plots at detector area from Moller, ep and beam generator
- Rates for Moller, ep, and photons from beam generator (E<10, 10<E<100, E<100)
- 2D scatter plots at detector area from Moller, ep and beam generator
- 2D Raster pattern at the upstream end of the target using Moller, ep and beam generator
- 2D Raster pattern at the entrance to the beam dump using Moller, ep and beam generator
- Immediate simulation tasks to complete - KK, Ciprian, Sakbi, Chandan
- GIT repository updates - Wouter
Attendance: Dimitrii, Rakitha, Chandan, Dustin, Sakib, Micheal, Wouter
- Sakib: Detector size optimization for Ring5 based on FOM arbitrary cut to make sure we are not losing statistics.
- Sakib has implemented coil geometry parameterization to make changes to coil geometry easy using a text file.
- Change is Open and close detector size related to new magnet design.
- In ring 5 open, closed and trans had different sizes.
- Detector group wants to keep the old detector sizes which were smaller and due to new magnet design open detector sizes doubled. The cost will significantly increase due to changes in detector sizes.
- Detector groups think that focus is not strong as before with new magnet design
- size of PMT region in the radial direction is about 30 cm tall with base and pre-amps.
- Micheal wants to know three things
- Compare FOM between the old design and new to see how much we lose due to keeping older detector sizes.
- Compare changes in FOM if we keep the same detector geometry for the ring5 with a new magnet design.
- Need information on individual detector tile rates. This is required for PMT base design.
- All the rings will change the dimensions.
- Ciprian showed the final geometry for simulation and will run the high statistics simulation with beam generator over the weekend. End of next week we will have final plots.
- Chandan: Al DS window optimization to set the correct window thickness.