From Moller Wiki
Meeting time: 3:30pm Eastern BlueJeans calling instructions: Toll-Free Number (U.S.& Canada): 888-240-2560 Other BlueJeans access phone numbers are listed at https://www.bluejeans.com/premium-numbers Bluejeans CODE: 641 252 323 Bluejeans link: https://bluejeans.com/641252323
- Activity updates
- DAQ/trigger 60% design review will be Thursday, 18 March, from 2pm to 5pm. Topics are still to be determined.
- Bob's page for the review: https://userweb.jlab.org/~rom/moller/
- General discussion
Participants: B. Moffit, B. Blaikie, D. Bishop, J. Pan, M. Gericke, R. Michaels, W. Gu, P. King
- Discussion of the DAQ/trigger 60% design review
- Plan to have an update on the ADC design, integration mode requirements, and an overview talk. Michael, Bob, and Paul will have a follow up discussion to set the agenda
- Michael proposes two aspects to the review: is the technical equipment sufficient to meet the requirements; and are the interfaces well defined.
- Grounding discussion
- Likely the ADC ground shield will be in common on each module
- We look at Michael's signal/grounding diagram. In order to avoid ground-loops we should break the ground connection either just before the ADC input or just after the preamp
- Discussion seems to converge on the idea that the ground of the ground of the preamp should be connected back to the PMT/HV ground, and the output ground from the preamp would *not* be connected to the twin-ax cable ground shield. The twin-ax ground shield would be connected to the integrator ground.