CountingDaq 220415

From Moller Wiki
Revision as of 15:47, 29 April 2022 by Pking (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Main Page >> Data Acquisition Meetings >> Counting mode DAQ meetings

previous meeting << >> following meeting

Meeting information

 Meeting time:  12:00pm Eastern
 Zoom connection information
 Join ZoomGov Meeting
 Meeting ID: 160 380 0887
 Passcode: 903612
 US Tool free phone: (833) 568 8864
 Find your local number:


  • Activity updates
    • Counting-mode DAQ prototype update
  • Thoughts about getting ready for 90% review
    • Need to draft & submit the change request to take the VETROC out of design
    • HDMI cable length tests; decision on MPD position; radiation environment evaluation for MPDs
    • Availability of Hanjie's SOLID test stand firmware as reference/example for VTP trigger definition?
    • Follow-up with grounding working group?
    • Beam monitor requirements for counting mode and how to instrument?
    • Electrical safety evaluation of components; Electrical Safety Committee member for review?
  • General discussion


Recording on Zoom: [1]

Participants: C. Ghosh, R. Michaels, P. King, M. Gericke, D. McNulty, J. Fast

  • Hanjie has started a new postdoc at BNL
  • Bob reports on his test stand in TEDF
    • He's tested five SIS3820 scalers
    • He has FADC and VETROC in the crate; MOLLER won't use the VETROC but he is using this to also develop the polarimeter DAQs which will
    • He hasn't yet used the VTP trigger; he is following what is being done for the conversion to VTP triggering for the HCAL
  • Discussion of HVMAPS
    • Michael plans to use a commercial FPGA that has a sufficient number of transceivers to connect to the HVMAPS
    • He has a test kit for the low-power transceivers from CERN
    • He will soon buy the FPGA
    • While he's at Mainz for the test beam, he'll have some time to talk with the engineer there who has been working with HVMAPS
  • Paul asks if we could have ROCs that can be switched between integrating and counting mode; Bryan says that the TI modules can have two fiber inputs that can be selected during the CODA startup
  • Jim brings up the issue of how Ohio will pay for the JLab designed modules
    • If all the effort is through the vendor PO, that would be easiest
    • If we need to pay JLab for some effort, it would require a CRADA
    • In the past there had been a way for universities to fund an account at the lab, but its not clear how that was actually handled
  • Discussion about preparation for the 90% review
    • Jim is most concerned with the integration of the beamline instrumentation and the HVMAPS
      • Paul and Bob will set up a small group meeting with Yury, Mark P., and Kent to clarify our concerns/requirements, then we'll approach John M. again.